Monday, June 22, 2009

The Foolishness of AA

Get ready for more hurt feelings.
In which I point out the foolishness of 12 Step Programs and the other Pop Psych Self Esteem philosophy which has taken over Christendom.

Step 1. I admitted I was powerless over alcohol and my life had become unmanageable.

This is followed by the 11 Steps of how I will overcome my addiction and how I will begin to manage my life. The first of these steps being-

Steps 2&3 I turn my life over to a God I create in my own imagination.

Somehow this is believed to be simpler and more powerful than saying, "Stop doing that. Take responsibility for your life and do what is right."

This sounds somewhat like a Biblical theme, "Become sober-minded as you ought, and stop sinning;" (1Cor.15:34) Probably that is why it is not said. Give a sin a different name, tell people it is not their fault, but most of all keep God out of this. (The real God that is.) (Is 45:5)

A god that comes from a man's imagination is merely an image of himself. For there are only two gods in a man's life, Self and Christ. The decision to follow one excludes the other. (Matt 16:24, Mark 8:34) The decision to follow Christ is the way of life (John 14:6).

I say allow the world to have their way. Allow the courts to accept only one method of "treatment" for people with addictions. The courts are of the world, not of the church. But I demand at all times that the world be kept OUT of the church.(James 4:4) And that in the church there be nothing spoken and taught but Christ and Him crucified, risen and coming again. (1 Cor 2:2)

Why is it again they do not use the Gospel? (Rom 1:16-17)

No comments: